Welcome to Azumah Resources
Azumah Resources Limited is a Perth-based, ASX-listed (ASX:AZM) gold exploration company focused on a highly prospective gold province in the Upper West Region of Ghana, West Africa.
- Its focus is to develop the Wa Gold Project whilst continuing to expand resources and reserves through exploration.
- Licences cover 2,400km2 and encompass >110km strike of prospective Birimian terrain, the rocks which host the majority of West Africa's major gold mines.
- Systematic exploration has identified three flagship deposits: Kunche, Bepkong and Julie, plus several satellite deposits (Aduane, Julie West, Collette, Danyawu).
- JORC Mineral Resource of 2.1Moz of gold grading 1.5g/t Au (1.4Moz Measured and Indicated).
- Feasibility Study completed in February 2015. Open pit mining inventory of over 652,000oz including a JORC Ore Reserve of 624,000oz Au (9.1Mt at 2.14g/t Au). Study based on +1.2Mtpa plant producing ~90,000oz Au per year over 7-year mine life.
- Grid power, high quality roads, good access to water and sealed airstrip at Wa.
- Mining Leases granted. Environmental permitting underway.
- Strong community and government support.
- 13.4% strategic investment in neighbour, Castle Minerals Limited (ASX:CDT) (~10,000km2 under licence).
- Ghana is 2nd largest African gold producer. Safe and stable jurisdiction, English legal system.